- The term “Service” refers to the services provided by Bodhala, including without limitation access to the Bodhala platform and Bodhala analytics and Bodhala data.
- The “Website” refers to Bodhala’s website and all Services available at or through the Website.
- Bodhala refers to Bodhala, Inc.
- “User”, “You”, and “Your” may be a “Customer User,” “Attorney User” or another person, company, or organization that is using or has visited the Website and/or the Service.
- “Attorney Users” refer to attorneys who provide services to Bodhala Customer Users. Attorney Users are not the employees or agents of Bodhala.
- “Customer Users” refer to Users who submit requests for proposals from Attorney Users
About the Bodhala Service
- Bodhala Is Not A Law Firm. Bodhala does not offer legal representation. Bodhala does not offer any legal advice, legal opinions, recommendations, referrals, or counseling. Attorney Users are not the employees or agents of Bodhala.
- Bodhala Is Not An Attorney Referral Service.
- Use of Bodhala Does Not Create An Attorney-Client Relationship With Bodhala. Any use of the Bodhala Service is not intended to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship with Bodhala.
Right to Terminate Accounts
Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
- If you believe that material located on or linked to by Bodhala violates your copyright, please notify Bodhala in accordance with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy.
- DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) by sending a properly formatted take-down notice in writing to 80 Franklin Street, Unit 2, New York, NY 10013.
- Response To DMCA Take-Down Notices. If Bodhala takes action in response to an infringement notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by that party to Bodhala.
- Response to DMCA Counter-Notices. If a counter-notice is received by Bodhala, Bodhala may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing such person that it may reinstate the removed content in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content will be reinstated on the Website in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice.
Intellectual Property Notice
- Bodhala retains all ownership of our intellectual property, including our copyrights, patents, and trademarks.
- No TransferBodhala retains ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to the Website and Service, including applicable copyrights, patents, trademarks and other proprietary rights. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website and the Service may be the trademarks of other third parties. This Agreement does not transfer from us to you any Bodhala or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with us. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
- We use email and electronic means to stay in touch with our users.
- You may cancel this Agreement and close your account at any time. Termination of the Bodhala Service does not terminate attorney-client relationships or obligations.
- You May Terminate This Agreement If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your account with the Service, you may simply discontinue using Bodhala. If you wish to delete your User account data, please contact Bodhala at info@Bodhala.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile within 30 days.
- Bodhala May Terminate This Agreement. Bodhala may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately.
- Relationships Between Attorney And Client Survive TerminationTermination of your relationship with Bodhala does not affect your relationship with any Client you have retained through the Bodhala Service. All legal, contractual, and ethical duties, obligations and responsibilities survive termination of the Bodhala relationship.
- Some Provisions Survive Termination. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- We provide our service as is, and we make no promises or guarantees about this service.
- Bodhala provides the Website and the Service as is without warranty of any kind. Bodhala expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the Website and the Service including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, security, accuracy and non-infringement.
Limitation of Liability
- We will not be liable for damages or losses arising from your use of the service or arising under this Agreement.
Release and Indemnification
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bodhala from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of your use of the Website and the Service, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release Bodhala from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- Bodhala may amend this Agreement from time to time, and in Bodhala’s sole discretion. We will provide notification to Users of material changes to this Agreement (i) by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account, which will take effect immediately upon our sending of this email, and/or (ii) through our Website at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our home page. Non-material changes to this Agreement will take effect immediately. We encourage visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to this Agreement. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of a revised version of this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of its terms.
- This Agreement is controlled by New York law.
Policy last updated February, 2017.